Months ago I saw on Pinterest a “recipe” for 2-ingredient ice cream requiring bananas and cocoa powder that I pinned but overlooked because I assumed I would need an ice cream machine (or frankly, that it would taste like crap). However, my pesky habit of buying bananas and never eating them before they turn brown prompted me to try it out and I am so glad I did!
My husband is a huge ice cream lover (luckily for both of us, he is also an avid exerciser), and even though this homemade “ice cream” does not contain any of the luscious fattyness that we have come to enjoy (too much) from the Bruster’s down the road, he loves it! In fact, we make it all the time. It is delicious and refreshing and SO easy to make. We use my single-serve smoothie maker to make this – super quick and easy and very simple clean up too!
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced into discs
- 1 non-frozen banana, sliced into discs
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder (we use the Hershey’s Dark Chocolate powder! mmm!)
- (Optional: for more of a soft-serve consistency, you may want to add a splash of milk)
Directions (these are tough…try to stick with me):
- Place banana chunks and cocoa powder in blender (or food processor) and blend.
- Scoop into 2 bowls and enjoy your dessert without the guilt!