Summer may be over, but in my opinion that shouldn’t mean you have to wait a year to enjoy summer’s best cocktails, especially during this holiday weekend! When it comes to sangria, I am an equal opportunity drinker…white, red, pink…I like it all (and will drink it all too, if you’re not careful). This recipe was a total ad lib on my part but it came out delicious and I thought it would be wrong to not share it with my loyal followers…unlike many sangria recipes, this recipe does not require any added sugar or simple syrup, so you can feel a little less guilty drinking it. Just close your eyes, take a sip, and imagine yourself with your toes in the sand…
Ingredients (for a pitcher):
- 2 bottles white zinfandel
- 1 can diet lemon-lime soda (or substitute club soda)
- 1 mini can pineapple juice
- 1 mini can peach juice
- 3-4 shots vodka
- 8-12 strawberries (half sliced, half muddled)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- Add ingredients to pitcher and chill in refrigerator. If you are going to make this more than a day in advance, add in the soda right before serving so it does not lose its carbonation.
- Pour into glass with ice and try to pace yourself! Yum!